Jelly Bean Biscuits
What regular oatmeal biscuit isn’t improved by the addition of jelly beans? (Now that we think of it, what ANYTHING isn’t improved by the addition of jelly beans?) Here’s how to do it.
- 125 g of unsalted butter
- 80 g of white sugar
- 80 g of brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 300 g of all-purpose flour
- 125 g of oatmeal
- 250 g of Glucojel jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 180ªC.
- Grease sheets of baking paper and line a shallow baking tray.
- Whisk butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg, bicarb soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- Add flour, oatmeal and jelly beans.
- Mix well.
- Drop heaped dessert spoons of the biscuit mix onto the greased baking paper, making sure there’s room for them to expand.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place on a rack to cool.